With 90 days until the November election, I thought I’d catch you up with everything we’ve done so far and where the campaign is heading in the next three months. We’ve come a long way! Our army of signature gatherers, who brought us to the dance, are now expanding to campaign volunteers. Our campaign team has been actively organizing coordinators in each of the 40 counties in our district. We have had booths at fairs in Shelby, Livingston, Whitehall, Helena, Great Falls, and Lewistown. In the coming weeks, we will have a booth at the Montana Fair in Billings and one at Crow Fair in Hardin. I’ll be at the Billings booth on Saturday, August 13 from 12-3, so stop by if you can!
- We are ordering hundreds of signs for houses, highways, and even horse trailers. Please let us know if you have somewhere you’d like to put a sign.
- We have fundraisers planned for Helena and Yellowstone County and “meet-and-greet” coffee dates scheduled in Billings. More details to come.
- We have been getting endorsements from Republicans, Democrats, and independents all across our state. This Sunday’s Billings Gazette features a powerful letter from lifelong Republican Dwight MacKay about meeting in the middle and putting an end to divisive party politics. We have also received the endorsement of the Montana AFL-CIO and Montana Federation of Public Employees, and we just finished an interview with the Montana Chamber of Commerce. A few weeks ago, Matt Rosendale claimed I was a closeted Democrat. Then, Penny Ronning claimed I was a closeted Republican. I think that’s perfect! Independents are the best of both worlds.
- We have accepted debate invitations from Montana Public Television, the Lee Chain Newspapers, Montana Farmers Union, and Western Native Voice. So far, Matt Rosendale hasn’t responded. I doubt he wants to debate me.
- We will be opening campaign offices in Billings and Helena.
Thanks to you and hundreds of volunteers, we will go into the fall with real strength and momentum! An Independent can and will win this race!
Independent candidate for Montana’s Second Congressional District